Michael Dyne Mieth
Multimedia artist | Germany
Michael Dyne Mieth
"The first canvas we used was an old fabric that looked like it was gnawed on by rats."
He is a painter, sculptor and multimedia artist living in Berlin, whose art is exhibited internationally and always attracts attention due to his visionary motives. No matter what you do in the day and in which shops you go, no matter where you are or what form of consumption you prefer, media, self-experience, there is always enough what you can implement in art.
Michael Dyne Mieth Reinterpretation, Vis-à-vis by Pablo Picassos original GUERNICA Gouache, in the original dimensions of 3.50 x 7.77 m, was exhibited at the beginning of this year in the Museum of the Imperial Palace in Innsbruck.
For his monumental work G18, the Berlin artist drove across the screen in a Lincoln Continental. Kennedy was in such a car when he was murdered. He was a symbolic figure to most people. He was on the one hand for freedom and at the same time he was responsible for the US entry into the Vietnam War. With his interpretation of Picasso’s Guernica, the artist wants to express how close war and peace can be together. In addition, the tire marks for the tracks of devastation. These are the vestiges of the global military machinery that carries chaos and destruction into the cities and people’s lives. With the car over the screen – how can one understand this artistic expression in connection with GUERNICA? The delicate line of war and peace, good and evil, peacekeeper and terrorist, is as timely and timeless as the traces of Dyne Mieth and Picasso’sartistic work. The rotating loop of heroism and tyranny is a recurrent and shifting process that leaves its deep impressions in the story and we should ask ourselves in which system we are and what unreflectivity can do, what traces and impressions we leave behind.
Bisherige Ausstellungen von 2001 - 2023
– Museum Kaiserliche Hofburg Innsbruck – Museum Kolkata – Birla Art & Culture – Deutsches Technikmuseum in München – Bermel von Luxburg Gallery
– Galerie Fine Art / Leipzig
– Galerie Bremer
– Artcadia Gallery | Berlin | New York | Hamptons – Galerie HMH | Mallorca
– Galerie Kunst im Kutscherhaus | Fulda
– Galerie Musandi
– Achtzig Galerie
– Galerie Blaue Kuh
– World of Art in der Urania, Berlin
– Retro Classik, Stuttgart
– Juwelier Böckelmann nach Josef Beuys – Gerry Weber in Bielefeld
Kunstausstellungen für die Daimler Chrysler AG
– Niederlassung Potsdamer Platz in Berlin
– Niederlassung Salzufer in Berlin
– Niederlassung Holzhauser Strasse in Berlin – Niederlassung in Pforzheim
– Niederlassung in Kiel